Bob Margolin - Deep Blues
Bob Margolin is prominent in today’s Blues scene. He tours worldwide at festivals, concerts, clubs and workshops.
His self-titled album reveals the latest from the 2017 Blues Music Award winner for Best Male Traditional Blues Artist. Set for release on October 12, 2018 by the VizzTone Label Group (Bob is a founding partner), six new original songs are his Blues for today’s world. He also interprets nine songs he learned “back in the day” from his legendary friends Muddy Waters, The Band, Johnny Winter, Jimmy Rogers, Snooky Pryor, Pinetop Perkins and James Cotton.
Bob played and sang every note, produced, recorded and mixed this album.
In 2018 and 2019 Bob will be performing:
• with the Bob Margolin Trio
• with the Bobs of the Blues - Bob Corritore & Bob Stroger
• Guesting with other bands, making a stronger billing than separately
From 1973-‘80 Bob played guitar in Muddy Waters’ band, appearing on all the albums Muddy made then and at special shows like The Last Waltz. Since 1980, Bob performs his own songs, but still honors his historic and personal connection to Muddy Waters.
"After nearly 50 years of playing the Blues, Margolin should be bestowed with the 'icon' title. He's not just a link to many blues artists now gone from this world…but continues to breathe new life into the genre. Be sure to follow Margolin down his own personal Blues Highway by repeatedly listening to My Road. You won't regret it." (Bill Mitchell/BluesBytes)
New CD Release on VizzTone "THIS GUITAR AND TONIGHT" - Preorder Now
THIS GUITAR AND TONIGHT
VizzTone (October 2019)
VizzTone is proud to announce multi-Blues Music Award Winner Bob Margolin’s upcoming new album THIS GUITAR AND TONIGHT to be released on October 25, 2019.
“THIS GUITAR AND TONIGHT is my first all-acoustic album. Inspired by my 1935 parlor guitar, Muddy Waters (known for his electric playing) telling me 40 years ago he actually preferred acoustic guitar, and Amy Brat’s idea that an all-acoustic album would be a fresh adventure, this album made itself. New original songs came easy. My guests on one song each are harp master Bob Corritore and guitar virtuoso Jimmy Vivino. The recording approach is pure, the music sounds right in front of you, no added sugar. No artificial ingredients.”— Bob Margolin, multi-Blues Music Award Winner
The Last Waltz Tour 2019: A Celebration of The Band’s Historic Farewell Concert
As in the original Last Waltz, it’s a thrill to listen to and then play Blues with these great musicians on the songs I lead.
- Bob Margolin
Rolling Stone announces: THE LAST WALTZ TOUR: “A Celebration of The Band’s Historic Farewell Concert Tour Dates”...featuring our own Bob Margolin! Read the full announcement here.
• 11/5 Port Chester, NY - The Capitol Theatre - SOLD OUT
• 11/6 Red Bank, NJ - Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre at the Basie Center
• 11/7 Hampton Beach, NH - Casino Ballroom
• 11/8 Wallingford, CT - Toyota Oakdale Theatre
• 11/10 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater
• 11/11 Reading, PA - Theater at the Santander Arena
• 11/14 Washington DC - MGM National Harbor
• 11/15 Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre
• 11/17 St. Augustine, FL - St Augustine Ampitheatre
• 11/18 Durham, NC - Durham PAC
• 11/20 St. Louis, MO - Stiefel Theater
• 11/21 Chicago, IL - Chicago Theater
• 11/23 Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena - All Star Celebration